As with most music camps, tuition rarely pays all of the bills – the costs to bring in some of the best instructors in the world, the facilities we rent to hold classes, the teaching materials we produce, etc. Those costs are staggering, and a little scary considering the commitment we make to our student and staff each year. We must rely on the generosity of individuals, organizations and companies to host our retreat. The organization that produces the retreat, the Traditional Irish Music Education Society (TIMES), is a non-profit corporation, so all donations and gifts are tax deductible. Here are some ways you can help:
- Cash donations – Understandably, this form of support is the most helpful. For a review of our sponsorship levels and the benefits that we provide, go to SPONSOR BENEFITS page. If you would like to make a cash donation, you can do so by clicking on DONATE. You don’t have to have a PayPal account to donate.
- Donation of services or products, e.g., printing, advertising, coffee, signs and banners, and photography.
- Matching contributions from your company – Many people work for companies that offer matching contributions to non-profit groups. TIMES will provide you with whatever documents are needed to register the retreat as a beneficiary.
- Donation of Air Miles or Flight Tickets – We have to fly into Dallas a number of instructors, many of them from Ireland. If you have some miles or tickets you can contribute, that could save us a lot of money.
- Donor table items – Each retreat, we have a donations table where we sell items donated by our students or outside vendors, such as used instruments, CDs, music books, etc. This is a great way to help us and students who are looking for a good deal.
- Donation of time – We need help before, during and after the retreat. We need volunteers that are graphic artists, web designers, Internet surfers who can help us market the retreat, sign makers, and more. Just contact us, and we’ll find a way for you to volunteer.
If any of the above are of interest to you, please contact us at (469) 215-1840 or email us at email@example.com.